Thursday, November 25, 2010

Chocolate Salami


When I was enjoying my time in Spain, one day I got to spend half a day in one of the supermarkets just to see what they produce that is different from food trend in North America. Since I am a chocolate lover, most of time was spent in chocolate section, and I found this strange, weird package, called chocolate salami.... YUCK!!!! I thought to myself, must be gross, but once I tasted it....I was far from being right. 
Here is a little history that I found kinda interesting....

Chocolate salami is a traditional Portuguese and Italian dessert made from dark chocolate, broken cookiesbutter, and eggs
Chocolate salami has the same cylindrical shape as a salami, but is not a meat product. It is served as sliced cross-sections, the dark brown of the chocolate substituting for the red meat, and the broken bits of cookies substituting for the fat of the salami. Some varieties also contain chopped nuts, such as almonds or hazelnuts.They can also be made as small balls.
Commercial versions of chocolate salami are available outside of Portugal as an export product.
I am working on a recipe right now, I will post it once I master it.... STAY TUNED 

No comments:

Post a Comment