Thursday, March 3, 2011

Paella Valenciana

I am so lucky to have a special friend in my life whom I adore. She is from the Heart of Spain and she is my inspiration for Spanish cooking. Her food and cooking is out of this world. I tried to mimic one of her most popular recipes and I think it is close to what I learned from her and I like to share it with you. 
Enjoy!
                                                                                              
Ingredients
  • 4 cups Bomba rice
  • 8 cups fish stock
  • 2 small chicken breasts cubed
  • 8 king-sized prawns/langoustines
  • 8 pieces mussels 
  • 200 grams shrimp
  • 3-6 Piquillo Peppers (sliced into strips) plus a few strips to use as garnish
  • 200 grams peas (fresh or frozen)
  • 2 tomatoes, skinned and chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
  • 3-30 strands saffron, crumbled (I am Persian so mine is 30) you can use 3 
  • Olive oil for frying
Preparation
  • Sauté garlic in paella-type pan.
  • Add the chicken and cook for 5 to 10 minutes under medium-high heat.
  • Add tomatoes, peas, shrimp and saffron.
  • Cook for a few minutes.
  • Add rice and stock.
  • Simmer for approximately 20 minutes.
  • Decorate with prawns and mussels a few minutes before rice is cooked.
  • Cover paella with a lid.
  • Poach seafood for a few minutes.
  • Decorate with lemon quarters and Piquillo Peppers.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. dish looks amazing..mouthwatering n delicious...first time here..u hv a lovely space..
    visit mine as time permits..
    sanyukta
    http://creativesanyukta.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sanyukta.
    Your blog is lovely as well. what a creative mind...love your enthusiasm.
    I am one of your followers now!
    happy cooking.

    ReplyDelete